Cyclops 100L Portable High Temperature Thermometer
Cyclops 100L is a general purpose, high temperature, portable infrared thermometer, designed for accurate measurement of temperatures in the range 550 to 3000°C/1022 to 5432°F.
The measured temperature is displayed in four simultaneous modes: continuous, peak, mean and valley, with user selected mode for the viewfinder display.
Accurate sighting is ensured by the clear, wide angle (9°) field of view and small, clearly defined (1/3°) measurement area. Focusing is variable from 1m to infinity, with close focus options available using auxiliary lenses.
Emissivity compensation is provided via the icon-based menu system.
The operating waveband has been carefully chosen to minimise errors due to uncertainty in emissivity and the effects of atmospheric vapour components.
The Cyclops 100L features standard user-friendly “Bluetooth®” wireless and USB connectivity. Traditionally AMETEK Land’s best selling portable instrument, Cyclops 100L is ideal for use in a wide range of industries and applications:
• Heat treatment
Cyclops 100L Key Benefits
- Non-contact measurement technology – No contamination, interference or damage to process or material
- High accuracy measurement and repeatability – Confidence in the measurement for process control and quality control applications
- On-board data storage of up to 9999 measurement points – high capacity storage for a 4 data output modes* – Single, Latch, Burst and Route
- Bluetooth® or USB Connector for data download / upload – Two convenient methods available, no hanging cables with Bluetooth®
- Unique Route mode – allowing capture and storage of measurement data repeatedly at set locations around your plant. Four predefined routes (sets of location IDs and emissivities) Each route can contain up to 99 location IDs and emissivities) Note: Requires optional data logger software to activate this feature
- A new protection cover – increases the robustness of every model in the range
- A new lens protector – maintains the optics in good condition
- High Measurement Resolution – 5 digit display – measured temperature resolved to 0.1° C/F
- Long term drift-free measurement – Long term confidence in the measurement
- Single handed operation, contact free measurement – Excellent ergonomics Better Safety in hazardous environments
- Rugged instrument casing – with industrial rubber casing to withstand harsh environments for extended periods
- Calibrated and traceable to National Standards – Your guarantee of measurement accuracy
- Four Measurement modes – Continuous, Average, Peak and Valley – Measurement to exactly meet your own specific requirements
- Innovative ‘notched’ spectral filter – Eliminates the effects of atmospheric water vapour
Includes new Data Logger software for both PC and Mobile Devices including the unique Route Management utility
*Data Output Modes
Single mode: logs a measurement for each trigger release
Latch mode: logs continuous, average, peak and valley readings from the first trigger release until the second
Burst mode: logs a stream of measurements whilst the trigger is held pressed – approximately 30 readings / sec, up to a maximum of 999 readings per burst.
Route mode: This mode is ideal for users who need to take a number of readings on a regular tour of their plant or process. The pre-loaded locations help to guide the user along each route
Cyclops 100L Details
The Land Cyclops L family of high quality portable non-contact thermometers provides precision spot temperature measurement with unmatched accuracy and reliability, for a wide range of industrial applications. Features include precise view of target spot with simultaneous digital display of temperature in the viewfinder, choice of operating and calculating modes, digital output and out of range alarms, Bluetooth® serial communications and optional data logger software on Mobile Phone or PC/Laptop.
Cyclops 100L Specifications
|Measurement range: ||550 to 3000°C/1022 to 5432°F (Operating) / 600 to 3000°C / 1112 to 5432°F (Specified) |
|Indication: ||5-digit LCD in viewfinder; external backlit LCD display |
|Measuring modes: ||Continuous, Average, Peak, Valley |
|Data Storage: ||Internal storage of up to 9999 readings, including date & time stamp. Also 4 ‘routes’ of up to 99 readings per route |
|Software: ||Internal storage of up to 9999 readings, including date & time stamp. Also 4 ‘routes’ of up to 99 readings per route |
PC and Mobile software for logging, stored data retrieval and route management
|Data logging: ||Wireless Bluetooth® connection or USB connection to PC/Laptop/Mobile running the new Data Logger software (option) |
|Data logging modes: ||Classic, Historical, Burst and Route |
|Optical System: ||9° field of view; 1/3° measurement area (180:1 to 98% energy); eyepiece adjustable -3.75 to +2.5 diopters |
|Focusing Range: ||1m/39.3in to infinity 450 to 620mm/17.7 to 24.5in with optional 215mm/8.5in fixed focus close-up lens |
|Target Size: ||5mm at 1m/0.19in at 39.3in 1.8mm/0.07in 0.4mm/0.016in with optional close-up lens2mm / 0.08in (135 c.u lens) |
0.5mm / 0.02in (110 c.u lens)
|Spectral response: ||1µm with advanced spectral filtering |
|Emissivity adjustment: ||0.10 to 1.20 in 0.01 step graduations |
|Response time: ||30ms |
|Display update time: ||0.5s |
|Accuracy: ||<0.25%(K) of reading |
|Measurement Resolution: ||0.1°C/1°F |
|Field of View: ||180:1 circular |
|Repeatability: ||<1°C / 2°F |
|Operating temp. range: ||0 to 50 °C/32 to 122 °F |
|Power requirement: ||One MN1604/6LR61/PP3 battery or USB |
|Output: ||Bluetooth® or USB |
|Weight: ||0.83kg/1.8lb |
|Sealing: ||IP40 |
|Standard accessories: ||Lens cap, protection window/filter, battery, wrist strap, protective lens hood, USB cable, CD with demo PC Logger Software and industrial rubber housing |
|Optional accessories: ||Close-up lenses, waterproof carry case, Long eye relief eyepiece and heat protection jacket |
Neutral Density Filters: Options 1F or 2F, the filters darken the image to provide better image contrast on bright targets, use two for higher temperature applications
Note: Filters are factory fitted, so must be included in the initial order.
The Bluetooth word mark and logos are owned by the Bluetooth SIG, Inc. and any use of such marks by LAND is under license. Other trademarks and trade names are those of their respective owners.
Typical Cyclops 100L applications:
Steel Primary: Coke Plant, Casting, Rolling Mill, Re-Heat Furnace
Metal Processing: Forging, Casting, Stamping, Cladding, Wire Drawing, In Furnace Vacuum measurements… any high temp metal forming operations
Furnaces: Product or Refractory measurements
Glass Primary: Melt Furnace/Tank
Glass Containers: Bottles, Glassware, Tableware
Glass Forming: Lamp/ Bulb producers – glass sealing (auto, comm., residential)
Glass Packaging: Pharmaceutical vials
Ceramics: High temperature forming material
Petro-Chemical – Reformer tube furnace (clean fuelled)